This Mediterranean salad is filled with chickpeas, avocados, farfalles, cucumbers and other goodies ! So fresh and so easy to make, this salad is perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner !
What is Hearty Chickpea without chickpeas recipes? Oh, and what is life without chickpeas?! Without any doubt, these beans are my favorites! I rarely spent a week without them. High in protein and fibers, they are full of health benefits. They help with:
- blood sugar level
- bones health
Chickpeas are also so easy to include in your diet. They require no time and efforts to use and they are so yummy. That’s why they are perfect for my favorite go-to salad.
When you are last minute and you need a quick and easy dinner, who wants a boring meal? Definitely, not me! Except this salad is anything but boring. So easy to make and so fresh, this salad is sure to make all your family or your friends happy.
Sometimes, when I’m really busy, I even skip the pasta and the recipe is still filling, healthy and super tasty. This yummy salad is also filled with avocados ! They make this salad even better by giving to the salad this creamy and smooth texture you don’t want to miss.
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounce), rinsed & drained
- 1 – 1 ¼ cup dry bow-tie pasta (about 40 bows)
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ small red onion, chopped finely
- ½ cup, crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing
- the juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley (or 1tsp if dry)
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, Combine chickpeas, pasta, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and feta cheese.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Stir to combine and enjoy !
Let me know if you try out the recipe!