It is simply impossible to resist to this granola recipe. This Homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Granola is the dream of any chocolate lover, and it’s full of good ingredients. Far more healthy than anything you’ll find in stores !
Last week was my Midterm Break and it was sooooo good. After months away from home, I finally had the chance to go in my hometown to see my family (and my cat!). It was so nice to go skiing and to eat in the greatest places with my fam. I also had a great time my friends from home and I saw people I didn’t see in years! It’s crazy how we change, but things are still the same. Anyway, I wasn’t home for very long, but it was great to see my people again.
I finally came back in the city to relax and to catch up in my school work. But most of all, I had time to cook! I tried so many different recipes in the last week. They all turned out very great and I can’t wait to share them all.
But March Break is officially over now. So, to fill my heart with happiness, it’s the perfect time to make my favorite homemade granola recipe.
This chocolate hazelnut granola was the first granola recipe I ever made and I’ve been obsessed with it since day one. Just. So. Delicious.
And the wonderful thing about it is that it’s good at any time of the day! This granola is perfect for breakfast, for dessert, for snacks and it’s good in everything! You’ll love it with fresh fruits, yogurt, ice cream, almond milk, oatmeal or on top of your favorite muffins! It’s also a real deal on its own. Good thing it’s healthy because every time I make some, it’s always gone way to fast!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunk
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Toss the oats, hazelnuts, brown sugar, dark chocolate chunk, flax seed and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the coconut oil, honey, water and vanilla together. Add the liquid ingredients to the oats and stir until everything is combined.
- Spread the granola onto a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 20 Minutes at 300° F or until the granola has a golden color. Make sure to keep an eye on it to avoid the oats from browning too much. Let the granola cool, it will be crispy once it’s completely cooled. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to share a picture with me !